TekSMTP System Requirements
- A Windows system with at least 1 GByte of RAM.
- Microsoft.NET Framework v2.0.50727 (Min.)
- 2 MB of disk space for installation.
Please see Installation Manual which can be found in the application directory for configuration details and operation. Please make sure that there is not any other SMTP / POP3 server running on the same machine.
- To install TekSMTP, extract contents of TekSMTP.zip to a temporary directory, run Setup.exe from the distribution. Uninstall previous version if you upgrade from an earlier version.
- To uninstall TekSMTP, double click TekSMTP icon at "Add or Remove Programs" from Control Panel
- Run TekSMTP by double clicking TekSMTP Manager icon on the Windows desktop.
- Define e-mail domains and mailboxes in Mailboxes tab.
- Set optional service parameters
- You can set SMTP / POP3 listen ports at Protocols tab. You can set multiple ports for SMTP service.
You can optionally enable / disable SMTP authentication which is enabled by default. If enabled, TekSMTP monitors failed SMTP/POP3
connection attempts from suspicious endpoints and blacklists them. You can also set delivery method for outgoing mails; etiher to a SMTP porxy or DNS resolved mail server.
- TekSMTP can query RBL databases to filter SPAM messages. You can specify your own DNS black lists.
Some RBL systems require connecting them directly. You can also check validity of sender domain.